Technical Project Manager - Partner Integrations, WooCommerce
WooCommerce is a highly popular commerce platform on the web, powering millions of stores, including our own at woocommerce.com. In fact, one in four online stores are powered by WooCommerce, including the Burning Man Marketplace, Bjork’s official store, and the New Zealand All Blacks rugby team’s official store.
Our mission is to democratize commerce and put store owners in control of their livelihood. Therefore, our core platform is free and open-source, empowering anyone to sell anything, anywhere.
As part of the Automattic family, WooCommerce is fully distributed with no physical offices. The flexibility and autonomy that come with working from home are in our DNA, so we provide benefits and resources to support your growth while doing your best work from anywhere in the world.
We have a huge footprint, but we’re a small company. That means everyone here has the opportunity to make a visible, profound, and lasting difference while helping the store owners that rely on WooCommerce everyday.
About This Role
As a Technical Project Manager - Partner Integrations, you’ll have the opportunity to help drive growth for both our merchants and WooCommerce by building key relationships with our partners in top marketing and sales channels across social, search and entertainment destinations. You’ll help scope, prioritise and manage the development of new and existing features that allow our merchants to succeed by helping them promote and sell their products across multiple channels.
- Coordinate multiple partnerships between WooCommerce and companies like Google, Pinterest, and Facebook and work as the liaison between these partnerships and various internal teams including Product Development, Support, T&S, Marketing, Data, QA, and Sales.
- Work with partners, internal teams and external agencies (as applicable) to define the project, including feature requirements and scope.
- Project manage all work related to active projects. This includes maintaining reports, budgets, managing risks, issues, and decision logs.
- Proactively communicate project progress, roadblocks, successes and failures to internal and externally in both virtual meetings and writing.
- Work with the Design and Engineering leads to set scope for upcoming sprints while balancing requirements of the relevant partners. This will be done for new features, technical chores/debt recovery, contractual obligations, etc.
- In collaboration with the Design and Engineering leads where relevant:
- Assist in backlog grooming and processes creation to help ensure GitHub issues are managed and updated appropriately.
- Manage/adjust sprint scope to ensure on-time delivery.
- Monitor, investigate and report on product metrics and the impact before and after launching.
- Proactively monitor risks to anticipate issues and actively seek out, track, and remove barriers.
- 5+ years of project management experience.
- Strong knowledge of WooCommerce, including experience reading/writing custom code for WooCommerce and/or WordPress.
- Experience driving the definition and execution of features and products, with significant experience facilitating technical discussions and answering questions about technical product development.
- Must be willing to work US based hours.
- 2+ years of partner liaison experience.
- Has worked with and on distributed interdisciplinary teams.
- Consistent track record in becoming a trusted partner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- An eye for process improvement.
- Can own complex efforts and manage the risks.
- Effectively mediate between different interests, priorities, and personalities.
- Are an influencer who knows how to create or rally alignment and build consensus.
- Ability to identify open questions or areas of ambiguity, and facilitate conversations with the right people to resolve those unknowns.
- Flexibility in problem-solving and handling uncertainty, adapting, and changing as needed.
How to Apply
Sound exciting? If so, click the "Apply" button below and fill out our application form. Be sure to include a cover letter to help us understand who you are, what excites you about this position, and what you could bring to the team. We are lucky to receive many applications for this position, so a thoughtful cover letter will help you stand out!
We’re a distributed company with more than 2000 Automatticians in 96 countries speaking 120+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.