Technical Account Manager - Payment Partner Integrations
Automattic, the company behind WordPress.com, Jetpack, WooCommerce, and Tumblr, is looking for an outstanding Technical Account Manager to help align our product with our partner’s plugin solutions. We're part of Automattic, a distributed company with more than 1300 Automatticians in 75+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. We're the people behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, Tumblr, Simplenote, Longreads, and more. Our common goal is to democratize publishing and commerce so that anyone, anywhere can tell their story or sell their product.
As part of the Automattic family, WooCommerce is fully distributed with no physical offices. The flexibility and autonomy that come with working from home are in our DNA, so we provide benefits and resources to support your growth while doing your best work from anywhere in the world.
We have a huge footprint, but we’re a small company. That means everyone here has the chance to make a visible, profound, and lasting difference while helping the store owners that rely on WooCommerce every day.
About This Role
As a Technical Account Manager focused on Payment Partner Integrations, you’ll have the opportunity to help drive growth for both our merchants and WooCommerce by building key relationships with our partners that offer payment solutions. In this role, you will support the WooCommerce Payments and Business Development teams, understand payments partnerships to help optimize integrations with WooCommerce. You will play a key role in ensuring the needs of our customers are met, we are creating great experiences, and our partner integrations up to date. You’ll help define the scope, feature set, and experiences for partner integrations. You'll lead the integration project management including the end to end development, testing, and launch of integrations that give our merchants more flexibility for payment acceptance.
- Coordinate integration aspects of multiple partnerships between WooCommerce and payment service companies.
- Work cross-functionally with Technology, Partnerships, Marketing, Customer Support, Finance, and Sales to define partner integration solutions.
- Manage multiple initiatives internally and externally. Establish and maintain open communication flow between partners, and shepherd projects through to completion.
- Proactively track and communicate project progress, roadblocks, successes and failures with stakeholders.
- Work cross functionally to define requirements, advocate for partners, and help optimize integrations and/or create new solutions and features.
- Adjust solutions to scope to ensure on-time delivery and assist in backlog grooming and processes creation to help ensure GitHub issues are managed and updated appropriately.
- Monitor, investigate and report on product metrics and the impact before and after launching.
- Proactively navigate risks to anticipate issues and actively seek out, track, and remove barriers.
- 5+ years of project management experience.
- 2+ years of partner liaison experience.
- Solid understanding of WooCommerce, including experience reading/writing custom code for WooCommerce and/or WordPress.
- Experience driving the definition and execution of features and products, with significant experience facilitating technical discussions and answering questions about technical product development.
- Must be willing to work US based hours.
- We work as a global and distributed workforce resulting in a unique way of working built around our creed and principles.
- A problem-solving mindset and a track record for getting results.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, particularly written communication skills.
- High attention to detail and experience leading multiple, contending priorities simultaneously with an eye toward pattern recognition and process improvement.
- Curiosity and the desire to learn. Our business is changing and growing fast, who knows what will be the skills of tomorrow? Flexibility is key.
- A deep understanding of the WooCommerce ecosystem and payment integrations that help enable merchants.
- Curiosity and the desire to learn. Keeping up to date with changing technology trends on behalf of Woo Commerce and clients, often training others once you’ve become proficient.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1900 Automatticians in 96 countries speaking 120+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.