Systems Architect, WooCommerce
Automattic, the company behind WordPress.com, Jetpack, WooCommerce, and Tumblr, is looking for an exceptional Solution Architect to help align our product with our largest customer’s eCommerce journey. We're part of Automattic, a distributed company with more than 1300 Automatticians in 75+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. We're the people behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, Tumblr, Simplenote, Longreads, and more. Our common goal is to democratize publishing and commerce so that anyone, anywhere can tell their story or sell their product.
As a Systems Architect, you will work with our largest and most important customers to help them succeed with the WooCommerce platform. This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys solving complex problems and in making customers wildly successful with the WooCommerce platform.
- Work with customers to help build their commerce solution.
- Architect solutions that can scale to target performance.
- Contribute findings and practices to the team, customers, and community.
- Help review, debug, and optimize code.
- Understand Automattic’s products and services and how and when to position them.
- Proactively communicate needs, alerts, and statuses.
- Demonstrated experience as an architect and developer.
- Experience with development and testing methodologies.
- Experience building scalable solutions.
- Proficient with NGINX, PHP, MySQL, LAMP stack.
- Experience with APIs and integrations.
- Experience with GitHub, source control, and open-source software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Experience working in a distributed environment is a plus.