Senior Business Analyst, WooCommerce Payments
WooCommerce is the most popular eCommerce platform on the web. We’re looking for a Business Analyst with Payments expertise who can help us transform data into insights that can guide our approach to growing WooCommerce Payments across the globe.
In this role, you will work closely with Product, Operations, and Marketing teams to optimize product economics and evaluate future opportunities. Your aptitude for synthesizing internal, partner, and market data will contribute to proactive monitoring and early identification of new dynamics. Your detailed knowledge of payment network rules and industry contracts will help us maximize our financial position while delivering top customer experiences. Your experience with planning for organic and inorganic growth will influence how we continue to augment competitive advantage for WooCommerce Payments.
WooCommerce Payments is a fast-growing payments product for our WooCommerce customers. We expanded into 17 markets in 2021, and have more features slated on the horizon.
- Believe in the power of data to influence business and product decisions – starting with customer understanding.
- Can operate fluidly across “think” and “do” – from translating early stage inquiries and ambiguous questions into quantitative answers.
- Have a deep understanding of merchant payments, including interchange fees, network costs, scheme fees, and platform fees.
- Are passionate about implementing business systems and processes that will help our Payments business scale for exponential growth.
- Know the data. Understand source nuances. Ensure accuracy and appropriate use.
- Partner closely with key stakeholders to explore inquiries, generate insights, and answer questions that support strategic decision making.
- Assess potential organic and inorganic growth opportunities that are aligned with our product strategy.
- Implement efficient data flows for robustness and scalability.
- Stay on top of market and competitive trends. Identify which signals warrant action or response.
- 5+ years in a Business or Financial Analyst role, in a Payments-focused company. Experience in applying data-backed ideas to solve practical product problems.
- Familiarity with data warehouse design and best practices.
- Advanced BI dashboard development (Looker preferred) and spreadsheet modeling skills. Strong preference for intermediate knowledge of SQL as well.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and projects simultaneously, at the right level of detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, especially in regards to unpacking data and articulating actionable insight for non-Analyst audiences. Aptitude in data visualization and storytelling are appreciated.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1900 Automatticians in 96 countries speaking 120+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.