Renewals Manager, WordPress VIP
About This Role
The Renewals Manager will develop and execute strategies and processes for WordPress VIP’s entry point customers that result in on-time contract renewals, mitigation against churn, and outcomes that support VIP’s ambitious revenue goals.
As the primary point of contact for customers whose contracts are nearing their renewal date, the Renewals Manager will be accountable for reviewing Gainsight (VIP’s Customer Success Management platform) on a regular basis to plan, coordinate, and manage the renewal process for 20-30 customers per quarter.
In collaboration with key customer contacts and VIP’s internal teams (Relationship Management, Accounting, Ops), the Renewals Manager will communicate with customers to address renewals-related questions and issues, create renewal order forms, and secure renewed contracts as efficiently as possible to support retention objectives.
In addition, the Renewals Manager will play an important role in identifying upsell opportunities to grow the account and reducing churn by monitoring for potential customer health risk across their assigned customer list.
As the first-ever Renewals Manager for WordPress VIP, you’ll have an opportunity to shape the strategy, processes, and best practices VIP uses to engage and retain a vital segment of its customer base.
- 3+ years of client-facing experience, ideally focused on Renewals, Customer Success, and/or Account Management or Coordination.
- Experience managing tasks associated with commercial sales operations, ideally leading the processes for renewals/order generation with customers and internal teams.
- An analytical mindset, capable of identifying opportunities and potential threats through regular monitoring and analysis of data captured within Gainsight (our CSM platform).
- Experience building trusted working relationships across internal and/or external teams – from Finance/Accounting, to Sales, Account Management, and beyond.
- An incredible ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple competing priorities autonomously – without missing a beat.
- Exceptional communication skills, whether on the phone, over email, or via video conference.
Bonus Points If You:
- Have experience within the digital media/publishing industry.
- Have experience using GainSight, Salesforce, ZenDesk, and/or GitHub.
- Have experience with WordPress.
- Have experience in the platform (CMS, DXP) space.
About WordPress VIP
WordPress VIP provides consulting, support, hosting, training, and other services to some of the biggest and best WordPress sites on the web. Our clients include Facebook, News Corp, FiveThirtyEight, Salesforce, and hundreds more.
Our team is part of Automattic, a distributed company with more than 1300 Automatticians in 75+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. We’re the people behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, Tumblr, Simplenote, Longreads, and more. Our common goal is to democratize publishing and commerce so that anyone, anywhere can tell their story or sell their product.
We offer flexible, remote work arrangements allowing our team members to work when and where they feel best. Ready to join the team? Apply below!
We’re a distributed company with more than 1800 Automatticians in 96 countries speaking 90+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.