Product Director, WooCommerce Payments Onboarding
WooCommerce is the most popular eCommerce platform on the web. We’re looking for a Product Director that will shape the future of onboarding merchants into WooCommerce’s payment products.
As the Product Director covering this major product area, you will drive the strategic direction and roadmaps for payment onboarding flows targeting both new and established merchants. You will define and build the right experiences to collect merchant KYC data in a compliant manner, while also exposing inline help, upfront validations, remedy prompts and flows to collect invalid or enhanced data as required over time.
Beyond compliance, you will lead growth experiments from concept to launch to consistently improve conversion of onboarding flows by defining how progressive to be and where to place friction to optimize completion. You will also inform payment account provisioning, flows to enable key forms of payment, as well as creating the construct of a merchant profile with permissions for risk purposes and attribution of partner referred accounts.
Finally, you will set our merchants up for success from the pivotal early stage of their business through education to help the merchant avoid chargebacks and set up risk protections.
- Are customer focused; passionate about optimizing (and innovating) payment related onboarding flows for merchants, espeically with KYC data collection.
- Have experience building compliant KYC flows across dozens of countries, business categories, and entity types.
- Have a deep understanding of industry standards as well as experience in experimentation to drive higher conversion rates.
- Bring rich subject matter expertise in B2B and B2C payments and financial services.
- Are outcome focused and measure the success of your work based on results.
- Know how to break down a problem or project into small pieces; can plan iteratively and have an experimental approach, responding to merchant or market changes as needed.
- Collaborate with Payments Leadership, Engineering, and Design Directors to set product strategy and vision for the payments onboarding product area. Drive toward ambitious goals aimed at establishing our products as the top option for Woo users.
- Lead Engineering teams in a high-growth business and organization. Define and deliver on a focused product roadmap. Facilitate debate; influence prioritization; inspire contribution.
- Talk to our customers – merchants and agencies – to understand their most important needs. Use customer interviews, behavioral data, and your intuition to define the most valuable problems worth solving. Maintain product and discovery backlogs. Validate product direction through testing and MVPs.
- Successfully launch new onboarding flows for both new and established products, with a constant focus on improving conversion and attach rates and increasing usage of our preferred payment products.
- Rally team input and cross-functional alignment through quarterly planning processes. Maintain an efficient cadence for collaborating with other Leads throughout the product life cycle. Advocate for projects, secure the right resources for success, and work with leadership when goals are at risk.
- Own product performance, track metrics, and report progress.
- 7+ years experience in product roles as an individual contributor or senior leader with experience leading strategy and influence cross functionally across your organizations.
- 4+ years of experience in payments/FinTech with a focus on onboarding.
- 3+ years leading teams, with hiring and growth responsibilities.
- A consistent track record of owning and driving results.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and projects simultaneously, at the right level of detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, especially when it comes to articulating and unpacking customer problems.
- Comfort with decision-making in both data-rich and data-poor situations.
We’re a distributed company with more than 2000 Automatticians in 96 countries speaking 120+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.