Merchant Community Advocate
WooCommerce continues to grow as the most popular commerce platform on the web, supported by a vibrant community of merchants, developers, creative agencies, and service providers. We’re looking for a Merchant Community Advocate to join us in supporting and expanding this ecosystem, with particular focus on empowering our merchants to succeed.The role requires energy, passion, and leadership skills -- with the ability to rally community members and volunteers around our mission to democratize commerce. You’ll be a bridge between merchants and us, representing their voice internally and the WooCommerce brand across various public platforms.
- Support and grow our Meetup program.
- Provide the resources, support, and information needed for the community to grow autonomously.
- Drive projects to grow the number of Meetup groups worldwide.
- Monitor engagement of our Meetup groups and optimize the program for improvements.
- Improve the user experience and represent our brand in online community spaces.
- Moderation of conversations.
- Establishing and maintaining guidelines.
- Crisis management when needed.
- Educate merchants through engaging content, focusing on their journey towards building a sustainable business.
- Work with our marketing team to communicate campaigns, product launches, and other key messages to the community.
- Proactively seek out ways to communicate our product narrative through speaking engagements, podcasts, webinars, and guest blog posts.
- Regularly share community feedback and sentiment with our internal product and marketing teams.
- Measure and report on the impact of our community projects.
- Excel in presentations, hosting online meetup groups, and interviews.
- Are a natural content creator with world-class writing skills.
- Have extensive knowledge of the WordPress and WooCommerce ecosystem and stand out as a leader in the community.
- Understand the unique challenges that merchants face in building an eCommerce business.
- Have lead volunteer groups or similar.
- Function well as a member of a large team, with the ability to communicate and relate cross-culturally.
- Possess excellent organizational and project management skills and can function autonomously.
How to apply
Sound exciting? Please fill out our application form below. In your cover letter, let us know what you can contribute to the team.
Please include answers to the following questions in your application form:
- What unique perspective can you bring to this role?
- What would you hypothesize to be measurable evidence of a thriving WooCommerce merchant community?
- Share a piece of written content that you’re particularly proud of.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1400 Automatticians in 80+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. Our common goal is to democratize publishing so that anyone with a story can tell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or where they live in the world.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.