Head of Partnerships and Distribution, Jetpack
ABOUT THIS ROLE
The Partnerships and Distribution team for Jetpack is responsible for scaling distribution of Jetpack’s portfolio of cloud products and services including Jetpack Backup, Jetpack Scan, Jetpack Search, Akismet, WP Cloud, and others via a mix of strategic partnerships, platform partnerships, and enterprise sales. This position reports directly to the Jetpack General Manager.
- Scale Jetpack’s partnerships program with WordPress hosts and developers, who integrate and sell Jetpack services with their own offerings.
- Lead a senior business development team responsible for some of Automattic’s most strategic relationships and for growing sales of Jetpack and Akismet services to high volume clients.
- Work with strategic partners to identify and scope new areas of collaboration, and guide Jetpack’s product teams in developing features and offers to unlock new growth opportunities via partners.
- Prioritize inbound partnership opportunities to enhance or complement Jetpack’s offerings, and provide strategic insight to Automattic’s corporate development team on build, buy, or partner decisions.
- Act as a business partner to other Jetpack leads, and lead a team providing business direction or guidance to Jetpack products include Jetpack Backup, Scan, Search, Akismet and others.
- Collaborate with partnerships, business development, and sales leads across other Automattic business units, including WordPress.com, Woo, and VIP.
- Mentor and grow a sales unit to expand mid-market and enterprise opportunities within the Jetpack family of brands.
You’re thrilled about this opportunity because you:
- Want to contribute to the growth and reinvention of one of the most well-known and trusted WordPress services and brands.
- Enjoy bringing your business acumen to support product teams developing and iterating at a fast pace.
- Are highly socially intelligent; easily able to understand, empathize and connect with people.
- Love solving problems and discovering opportunities to help people succeed.
- Are passionate about mentoring and growing high impact teams, both your own reports and other teams as well.
- Value being part of an agile team and having a clear impact on the business.
- You feel at home working directly with product, engineering, design, marketing and support teams.
- You are highly productive in a work from home environment, and either understand or are eager to learn how to effectively lead distributed teams.
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound interesting? If yes, click the Apply button below and fill out our application form. In your cover letter, let us know what you can contribute to the team. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive many applications for this position, so try to make your application stand out.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1800 Automatticians in 96 countries speaking 90+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.