Director of Revenue Accounting
We’re looking for an outstanding Director of Revenue Accounting to join one of the most unique accounting groups in the world. You will lead a significant part of Automattic’s accounting team to navigate the wide range of issues involved in building Automattic’s global, high-growth business.
The Director of Revenue Accounting will:
- Oversee all operational aspects of revenue for our business, including subscription and enterprise b2b and b2c models; including invoicing, collections, and the application of our revenue recognition policies
- Lead a talented team of driven revenue accountants in a distributed environment
- Drive operational efficiencies through automation establishing KPI’s
- Partner cross-functionally with corporate and business unit teams
- Play an integral role in M&A ensuring that revenue operations are successfully integrated
- Design, implement and maintain process narratives, risk assessments, and internal controls compliant with SOX
- Continuously challenge and improve processes and procedures aimed at increased visibility and communication of results, automation, and shorter yet more accurate revenue close cycles
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have a CPA or equivalent license and have worked with a Big 4 accounting firm at the manager level
- You have worked with software as a service (SaaS) or other subscription businesses
- You have experience with NetSuite or comparable ERP’s and “home-grown” billing systems
- You have experience implementing and operating internal controls
- You have experience with ASC 606
- You have excellent verbal and written skills in English
- You are passionate about building and leading teams in a distributed environment
- You love a dynamic, fast-growing environment
- You are highly motivated to learn new things and improve your skills
If you have experience with WordPress, software development, coding, open source, or other relevant areas, don’t forget to mention it. Like all positions at Automattic, you’ll work remotely.
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound interesting? If yes, click the Apply button below and fill out our application form. In your cover letter, let us know what you can contribute to the team. You will need to attach a cover letter and résumé. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive many applications for this position, so make your application stand out.
If you're reading this on a site other than automattic.com please ensure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.
To increase your chances of standing out, please answer the following:
- In one sentence, how would you describe Automattic’s business model to someone who isn’t familiar with the company?
- Tell us about an accounting problem you enjoyed working on recently. Why did you like it?
We’re a distributed company with more than 1800 Automatticians in 90+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.