Director of Payments Partner Management, WooCommerce
Automattic, the company behind WordPress.com, Jetpack, WooCommerce, and Tumblr, is looking for an exceptional Director of Partner Management (focus areas: payments and financial services) to join WooCommerce’s Payments team.
As Director of Payments Partner Management your responsibility will be to build deep relationships with strategic, top tier integration partners. You will work towards growing and retaining our partners, oversee the long-term success of partnerships, and work with engineering, product, and marketing teams to develop and manage partnership integrations.
- Build and oversee strategic payments partnerships that increase the flexibility and compatibility of different payment solutions for merchants, increase the distribution and value proposition of our products, generate revenue, and strengthen our product offering through partner integrations.
- Identify revenue optimization and growth opportunities through various levers, including; attributes of technical integration, product experience, commercial terms, marketing, and sales. Build internal and external business cases to support prioritization, negotiation, and cross functional support to deliver results.
- Develop and deepen executive relationships with strategic partners.
- Analyze partners’ performance, have a deep understanding of partners’ offering and product suite.
- Create and present quarterly and yearly performance reviews.
- Contribute to developing vision and goals for payments partnerships at WooCommerce, and execute on the plan for shared growth.
- Deeply understand our own payment product (WooCommerce Payments) and the impact it has on partner growth levers.
- Collaborate with marketing, product, and engineering teams across WooCommerce to ensure success.
- 7+ years of eCommerce experience, which involves negotiating, building, and maintaining strategic partnerships and integrations, ideally in merchant services, acquiring, payment service provider aspects of payments.
- Strong understanding of payments economics and the levers that drive revenue.
- Deep understanding and interest in the eCommerce sector and industry trends.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to model business opportunities and assess trade-offs.
- Proven success and a track record of delivering against targets and KPIs.
- Excellent executive-level communication skills (focus on written) both with partners and internally.
- Experience in working cross-functionally with legal, engineering, finance, product and marketing teams.
- Experience working with a globally distributed team and global partners is a plus.
- Experience working in a remote asynchronous environment is a plus.
How to apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, fill out our application form. In your cover letter, let us know what you can contribute to the team. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive many applications for this position, so try to make your application stand out.
Please answer the following question in your application (applications without this information will not be reviewed):
Tell us about the most challenging negotiations situation you were involved in. What made it challenging and how did you handle it?
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please ensure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1900 Automatticians in 96 countries speaking 120+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.