Director of Business Development, WooCommerce
About This Role
Automattic, the company behind WordPress.com, Jetpack, WooCommerce, and Tumblr, is looking for an exceptional Director of Business Development to join WooCommerce’s Business Development team.
As Director of Business Development, you will identify, assess, and prioritize new partnership opportunities across several categories (for example Marketing, Accounting, Multichannel, etc.), negotiate and execute on commercial agreements with new and existing partners. You'll play a key role in helping WooCommerce diversify and generate revenue from new partnerships and scale its partner program.
Like all positions at Automattic, you’ll work remotely, and can be based wherever you live.
- Identify, negotiate, and sign strategic partnerships that increase the distribution of our products and generate revenue.
- Strengthen our product offering through technical integrations that complement Woo-owned solutions like WooCommerce Payments, WooCommerce Shipping, or Mailpoet.
- Contribute to developing vision and goals for partnerships at WooCommerce, and execute on the plan for growth.
- Design processes that enable the team to scale, from standardizing common deals to implementing reporting on metrics that track our progress against our goals.
- Collaborate with marketing, product, and engineering teams across WooCommerce to ensure success.
- Scale the partnerships function at Automattic and collaborate with other partnerships divisions across Automattic.
- 7+ years of experience, at least 5 of which involve negotiating and building technical partnerships and integrations.
- Sound knowledge of the eCommerce ecosystem.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to model business opportunities and assess trade-offs.
- Proven success and a track record of delivering against targets and KPIs.
- Excellent executive-level communication skills both with partners and internally.
- Experience working cross-functionally with legal, engineering, and marketing teams.
- Highly self-motivated and able to work with significant autonomy.
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound interesting? If yes, click the Apply button below and fill out our application form. In your cover letter, let us know why you're excited about working at WooCommerce and what you'll bring to the team. We'd also love to know your answer to the following question:
Tell us about the most challenging negotiations situation you were involved in. What made it challenging and how did you handle it?
Applications submitted without a cover letter and without a response this question will not be considered.
We’re a distributed company with more than 2000 Automatticians in 96 countries speaking 120+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.