Content Marketer, WooCommerce
WooCommerce is looking for a versatile content marketer to join our Creative & Communications team–the engine behind our creative brand expression and how we talk to customers.
In this role, you’ll work across a variety of digital channels, supporting our Growth and Customer Marketing teams in tailoring our communication to appeal to different segments and needs across the customer journey. We’ll lean on you to write campaign copy that converts, inspires, and educates. Key mediums that you’ll be responsible for include: email, blog, landing pages, and in-app messaging.
- Craft engaging marketing copy that drives measurable results!
- Maintain brand tone and voice consistency across all marketing channels.
- Proactively incorporate customer insights and data into our marketing content and messaging on a continuous basis.
- Wrangle the setup and publishing of email, social, blog, and landing page content using our various channel platforms.
- Analyze channel data to uncover meaningful insights and opportunities that lead to growth.
- Collaborate with in-house design teams to produce creative systems that communicate with clarity and consistency.
- Have at least 5 years of experience in a similar role. Familiarity with marketing technology products is advantageous.
- Can demonstrate excellent writing skills and the ability to distill complex, technical concepts into concise, bold copy.
- Are a robust, proactive communicator comfortable with managing multiple priorities.
- Are organised and detail-oriented.
- Have experience measuring the value of your creative output.
- Have extensive experience working in email sending/automation platforms to create and publish email campaigns.
- Have a good working knowledge of digital marketing concepts, channels, strategies, and related data outputs (including web analytics).
How to Apply
Sound exciting? Click the Apply button below and fill out our application form.
In your cover letter, please let us know what you can bring to the team AND please answer the following question:
Share your approach or principles for writing marketing copy that drives conversion.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1800 Automatticians in 96 countries speaking 90+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.