Human (Resources) Operations Magician
Would you like to take part in building the future of our distributed workforce? Automattic is a place like no other: our fast-growing team of 800+ works from home (or any other location they choose), in one of 65+ countries, to democratize publishing and make the web a better place. Check out our Work With Us page for more info on how we work, our development process, and benefits.
The Human League (externally known as HR) team’s goal is to ensure our company is the best place Automatticians have ever worked, making each person feel welcomed, included, valued, and respected. We are looking for a Human (Resources) Operations Magician to help support our team and Automatticians at large.
Some of your responsibilities will include completing trial, new hire, and consultant onboarding and offboarding, tracking leaves, responding to verification of employment requests, helping Automatticians obtain visas for travel to meetups, providing benefits open enrollment support, assigning mentors to new hires, making posts about hiring trends, conducting data audits, managing enrollment in online learning platforms, partnering with the Human League team on projects and initiatives, and answering questions from Automatticians around the globe.
Do you have:
- A love for attention to detail?
- Experience with a lean, fast-growing, fast-paced software, internet, or creative startup?
- An insatiable curiosity for new technology, gadgets, and streamlined processes?
- A passion for elegant, simple, automated solutions that keep operations running smoothly?
- Experience using WordPress?
- Experience working with remote team members?
- Experience managing projects and multiple priorities simultaneously?
- A customer service attitude and a love for helping others?
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in English?
- An ability to see opportunities to make the work environment better and the initiative to move forward with action?
We are looking to expand our team and aim to reflect the diversity of Automatticians currently working with us. UTC +2 to UTC -4 time zone locations preferred (in order to provide the most widespread support to Automatticians).
We’re serious about growing diversity in the tech industry. We want to build Automattic as an environment where people love their work and show respect and empathy to those with whom we interact. Diversity typically includes, but is not limited to, differences in race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political and religious affiliation, socioeconomic background, cultural background, geographic location, disabilities and abilities, relationship status, veteran status, and age. To work on diversity means that we welcome these differences, and strive to increase the visibility of traditionally underrepresented groups. Read more about our dedication to diversity and inclusion.
How to Apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, please send a short email to jobs @ this domain telling us about yourself and attach a résumé as a PDF. Let us know what you can contribute to the team. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject.
Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out. If you apply for multiple positions or send multiple emails there will be one reply.
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please ensure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.
To increase your chances of standing out, please answer the following questions in your application:
- How do you define supporting a team?
- What’s your favorite HR tool and why?
- We’re having a company wide meeting online (not in person). How do you plan it and what do you do to be as inclusive as possible?
- Tell us about a time when you had to juggle multiple responsibilities. What was the situation and how did you approach your workload?
We look forward to hearing from you!