Head of Product
Who we are:Automattic is the parent company of WordPress.com and contributor to WordPress, the engine of the open web. Our goal is to democratize publishing and commerce so that anyone with a story or entrepreneurial passion can connect with others regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or location. Those values are reflected in the way we work: Our 800+ colleagues work in 65+ countries, primarily online. We value collegiality, candor, independence, and quick decision making. And we look for colleagues who want to make the web and the world a better place.
What you’ll do:The head of product works with senior engineering leads and colleagues in design, marketing and business partnership to drive product vision, define release milestones and help coordinate development across Automattic’s two largest services, WordPress.com and Jetpack. You will be responsible for giving expression to the customer needs that shape the vision for products that are ultimately a personal expression of the people and businesses they serve. Candidates should be passionate about the open web and have demonstrated experience motivating small teams to quickly and reliably ship products that deliver a great user experience.
What you have:
- Natural leadership qualities and exceptional communication skills.
- A data-driven mindset — you know how to use data intelligently to shape a product vision, test hypotheses, and validate results. You love quantifying your work.
- Creative prowess — you don’t blindly follow the numbers — you have experience that allows you to have informed opinions that makes your products resonate with customers.
- A capacity for structured thinking — an ability to find elegant, systematic solutions to complex problems.
- Demonstrated experience directing complex product development and identifying organizational best practices.
- A bias toward collaboration — people are lining up to work with you because your leadership inspires great work.
- Empathy for colleagues and customers.
- A track-record of delivering results.
Some other essentials:
- 8+ years of product design and management experience.
- Experience designing both internal and customer facing tools.
- An appreciation of complex workflows that scale across diverse global teams.
- Demonstrated product launches that drove clear business outcomes.
- Experience hiring, recruiting, and retaining new talent.
How to Apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, please send a short email to jobs @ this domain telling us about yourself and attach a résumé. Let us know what you can contribute to the team. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject.
Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out. If you apply for multiple positions or send multiple emails there will be one reply.
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please ensure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.← Work With Us