Head of Data Analytics
We’re looking for an experienced and passionate data leader who can help drive business outcomes for a platform that powers 33 percent of the world’s largest websites.
Who we are:
At Automattic, we are the people behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, and Jetpack. We believe in making the web a better place. We’re a distributed company with 800+ Automatticians in 65+ countries speaking 75+ languages. Our shared goal is to democratize publishing so that anyone with a story can tell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or where they live in the world.
Through our platforms, Automattic powers two-thirds of the web and is sitting on 4.5 million live connections. We are looking for a Head of Data Analytics who understands what this means and has experience with this scale of data. In this role, you will have a business critical role in helping us understand the performance of our data and how we can best leverage it to not only push our business forward but the many small businesses and publishers who rely on our platform to power their business.
What you’ll do:
As Head of Data Analytics, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Building a data organization that is positioned to meet the needs of business stakeholders across our organization.
- Working with data and product engineering teams to implement sound data governance practices and develop automated tooling to handle day-to-day data needs.
- Working with product, marketing, finance and other divisional stakeholders to understand their business needs and how the use of data can inform solutions and drive results.
- Driving a deeper understanding of our subscription business and helping develop strategies to drive continued growth.
- Leading efforts to harness data for our customers to drive their businesses forward.
What you have:
The ideal candidate:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics or related field and/or:
- 10+ years of experience driving analytics in a high growth tech company with a healthy upward career trajectory
- 3+ years of experience leading teams of at least 20 people
- Demonstrated experience working with business stakeholders to manage outcomes, preferably with expertise in subscription funnel economics
- Strong quantitative skills
- Experience working across multiple analytics and BI platforms such as Looker or Sisense
- Strong written communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously in a distributed environment
- Comfortable working in a flat organization
- Ability to lead through ambiguity
- Commitment to open source
Like all positions at Automattic, you’ll work primarily online and can be based wherever you live.
We’re serious about growing diversity in the tech industry. We want to build Automattic as an environment where people love their work and show respect and empathy to those with whom we interact. Diversity typically includes, but is not limited to, differences in race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political and religious affiliation, socioeconomic background, cultural background, geographic location, disabilities and abilities, relationship status, veteran status, and age. To work on diversity means that we welcome these differences, and strive to increase the visibility of traditionally underrepresented groups. Read more about our dedication to diversity and inclusion.
How to Apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, please send a short email to jobs @ this domain telling us about yourself and attach a résumé as a PDF. Let us know what you can contribute to the team. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject.
Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out. If you apply for multiple positions or send multiple emails there will be one reply.
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please ensure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.