As a Happiness Engineer, you love helping people.
Transforming publishing on the web is no small task. Our goal is to build relationships based on trust which result in happy, passionate, loyal customers and colleagues. We do this through listening to their needs and guiding them to the fullest use of the products we offer. We are looking for people with the right mix of compassion, writing skills, and technical knowledge to get the job done.
Interested in learning more about how our team works? Check out what Happiness Engineers have to say about their work.
In general, a typical day involves:
- Being an active member of a global team that provides 24/7 support via live chat, tickets, forums, and one-on-one screenshare sessions. This is a full-time position.
- Helping people use Automattic’s products, including WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, and more.
- Troubleshooting, investigating, and creating detailed bug reports.
- Building a community of support by sharing knowledge and helping team members around the world.
Being a Happiness Engineer requires:
- Proficiency with WordPress, HTML, and CSS, along with a strong support philosophy.
- Excellent writing and communication skills, with a knack for taking technical language and making it understandable.
- A passion for solving tough problems and proposing elegant solutions.
- An ability to learn and adapt so that you can help teach others.
- Patience, grace, and a sense of humor.
Happiness Engineers should be fluent and eloquent in written English. If you know additional languages, be sure to tell us.
We’re serious about growing diversity in the tech industry. We want to build Automattic as an environment where people love their work and show respect and empathy to those with whom we interact. Diversity typically includes, but is not limited to, differences in race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political and religious affiliation, socioeconomic background, cultural background, geographic location, disabilities and abilities, relationship status, veteran status, and age. To work on diversity means that we welcome these differences, and strive to increase the visibility of traditionally underrepresented groups. Read more about our dedication to diversity and inclusion.
How to Apply
As of March 10, 2019 we are not currently accepting applications for the Happiness Engineer position. If you are interested in the role, please bookmark this page and visit again on April 29, 2019 when we anticipate re-opening it.
In the meantime, here are some things you can do:
- Learn more about what Happiness Engineers do.
- Find out about remote opportunities at many companies by visiting We Work Remotely.
- Learn more about developing a career in support by getting involved at Support Driven.
- Check out more career resources at Novoresume.
- Sharpen your customer support skills by participating in the WordPress.com forums.