Please note that we are currently recruiting Happiness Engineer applicants to join our teams in Asia-Pacific, Africa, and Europe. At this time we are not expanding our North or South American teams.
As a Happiness Engineer, helping people is your passion.
Transforming publishing on the web is no small task. Our goal is to build relationships based on trust which result in happy, passionate, loyal customers and colleagues. We do this through listening to their needs and guiding them to the fullest use of the products we offer. We are looking for people with the right mix of compassion, writing skills, and technical knowledge to get the job done.
Interested in learning more about how our team works? Check out what Happiness Engineers have to say about their work.
In general, a typical day involves:
- Being an active member of a global team that provides 24/7 support via live chat, tickets, forums, and one-on-one screenshare sessions.
- Helping people use Automattic’s products, including WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, and more.
- Troubleshooting, investigating, and creating detailed bug reports
- Building a community of support by sharing knowledge and helping team members around the world
Being a Happiness Engineer requires:
- Patience, grace, and a sense of humor
- Excellent writing and communication skills, with a knack for taking technical language and making it understandable
- Being comfortable with communicating and helping VIP or Business users.
- A passion for solving tough problems and proposing elegant solutions
- Working knowledge of WordPress, HTML, and CSS and a strong support philosophy.
- An ability to learn and adapt so that you can help teach others
- An understanding of the 24/7 nature of support and an ability to regularly assist with weekend coverage, as well as some holiday and evening availability. We support being able to select schedules that help you to take care of your own needs. This is a full-time position.
Happiness Engineers should be fluent and eloquent in written English. If you know additional languages, be sure to tell us.
How to Apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, click the Apply button below and fill out our application form. In your cover letter, let us know what you can contribute to the team. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive many applications for this position, so try to make your application stand out.
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please make sure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.