Automattic, a foundational platform for eCommerce, website building, and content publishing, sits squarely in a massive global TAM that is still in its ‘early days’ and is further expanding, driven by secular tailwinds.
Tightly coupled with WordPress open source, 39% of global websites run on WordPress, 28% of online stores run on WooCommerce, and 60% of businesses use some form of WordPress to run their Content Management System.
We are looking for a talented individual to join our growing FP&A team. This role will work with the existing wrangler supporting one of Automattic’s main businesses. The core mission of the role is to continue strengthening the partnership with various business functions (marketing, product, support, data) by providing clear business analyses, financial forecasts & KPI trends, to engage in the decision making process, and ultimately to contribute to the business growth. This individual will have high visibility to the leadership team and become an integral part of the operation.
What you will do:
- Maintain and improve the rolling forecast model (short-term, long-term)
- Stay on top of KPI movement identifying critical changes, generating insights as to why and clearly communicating them to stakeholders
- Interact closely with various business functions appropriately capturing the financial implications of the actions and feeding into the forecast model
- Build a financial framework evaluating output of investment (marketing spend, resource allocation) as well as forward looking investment opportunities
- Take the lead in developing dashboards and analytical tools that can scale
- Provide inputs to board reports, investor reports and questionnaires
- Collaborate with the corporate finance, accounting and corporate development teams contributing to joint projects and finance roadmaps
This position may be a good fit if you:
- Have minimum of 3-5 years of experience focused on financial planning & analysis and business partnering, ideally in SaaS business (subscription)
- Have experience at a fast evolving technology company without much structure and process
- Communicate effectively via clear and concise writing
- Have the ability to identify and articulate business questions and solve them multi-dimensionally
- Are self motivated, disciplined, flexible and able to work effectively autonomously
- Are familiar with WordPress technology and the community (not a must)
We’re a distributed company with more than 1200 Automatticians in 75+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. Our common goal is to democratize publishing and eCommerce.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION AT AUTOMATTIC
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound interesting? If yes, click the Apply button below and fill out our application form. In your cover letter, let us know what you can contribute to the team. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly.
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please make sure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.