Director of Partner Management, WooCommerce
Automattic, the company behind WordPress.com, Jetpack, WooCommerce, and Tumblr, is looking for an exceptional Director of Partner Management (focus areas: payments, marketing, and/ or hosting) to join WooCommerce’s Business Development team.
As Director of Partner Management your responsibility will be to build deep relationships with strategic, top tier integration partners. You will work towards growing and retaining our partners, oversee the long-term success of partnerships, and work with engineering, product, and marketing teams to develop and manage partnership integrations.
- Build and oversee strategic partnerships (with the focus on payments, marketing, and/ or hosting relationships) that increase the distribution of our products and generate revenue as well as strengthen our product offering through partner integrations.
- Develop and deepen executive relationships with strategic partners.
- Analyze partners’ performance, have a deep understanding of partners’ offering and product suite.
- Create and present quarterly and yearly performance reviews.
- Contribute to developing vision and goals for partnerships at WooCommerce, and execute on the plan for shared growth.
- Collaborate with marketing, product, and engineering teams across WooCommerce to ensure success.
- 7+ years of eCommerce experience, which involves negotiating, building, and maintaining strategic partnerships and integrations, ideally in the payments, marketing, or hosting ecosystem.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to model business opportunities and assess trade-offs.
- Proven success and a track record of delivering against targets and KPIs.
- Excellent executive-level communication skills both with partners and internally.
- Experience in working cross-functionally with legal, engineering, and marketing teams.
- Experience working in a remote environment is a plus.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1200 Automatticians in 75+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. Our common goal is to democratize publishing so that anyone with a story can tell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or where they live in the world.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. DEI is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.
How to apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, click the Apply button below and fill out our application form. In your cover letter, let us know what you can contribute to the team. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive many applications for this position, so try to make your application stand out.
Please answer the following question in your application (applications without this information will not be reviewed):
Tell us about the most challenging negotiations situation you were involved in. What made it challenging and how did you handle it?
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please ensure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.