Director of FP&A, WordPress VIP
Automattic, a foundational platform for eCommerce, website building, and content publishing, sits squarely in a massive global TAM that is still in its ‘early days’ and is further expanding, driven by secular tailwinds.
Tightly coupled with WordPress open source, 39% of global websites run on WordPress, 28% of online stores run on WooCommerce, and 60% of businesses use some form of WordPress to run their Content Management System.
WordPress VIP (Enterprise) is the leading provider of WordPress for global enterprises, trusted by brands like CNN, Microsoft, and Capital One, and a core product within the Automattic portfolio. Our enterprise platform combines the unparalleled WordPress user experience with enterprise-grade infrastructure and best-in-class support, serving billions of web requests per day. We’re looking for a capable leader to join us as a Finance Director and make a significant impact shaping our rapidly growing business. This individual will drive our financial planning processes, provide key business insights, and support strategic decision making. This highly visible role will involve partnering with our CFO and closely working with the executive team.
Areas of Responsibility
- Drive our strategic and financial planning processes including operating plans, financial forecasts and underlying models, systems, and tools.
- Collaborate with executives across the organization to provide business analysis, support key decisions, and evaluate strategic initiatives.
- Design and maintain monthly reporting packages including key performance indicators, operational dashboards, and analysis of business trends.
- Work with the sales & marketing organization to provide and operationalize insights and evaluate complex transactions.
- Partner with other members of the Automattic finance team to support centralized reporting, month-end close, and business intelligence.
- Build effective relationships with teams across Automattic and WordPress VIP.
- 5+ years of FP&A, corporate finance, venture capital/private equity, investment banking or related fields.
- Prior enterprise SaaS experience required.
- A self-starter capable of taking initiative, being proactive, and driving business results without significant supervision.
- Strong analytical skills and willingness to be hands on building financial models.
- Exposure to key financial management processes required in a scaling organization.
- Comfortable rolling up your sleeves and carrying out detailed, complex analysis.
- Experience with M&A and integrations a plus.
- A strong proactive communicator and writer, and comfortable with deciding and managing your own priorities.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1200 Automatticians in 75+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. Our common goal is to democratize publishing and eCommerce.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION AT AUTOMATTIC
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound interesting? If yes, click the Apply button below and fill out our application form. In your cover letter, let us know what you can contribute to the team. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly.
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please make sure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.