Director of Carrier Partnerships – WooCommerce
WooCommerce is an open-source, completely customizable ecommerce platform for businesses worldwide. We are passionate about democratizing commerce and allowing businesses of all sizes, who sell anywhere, to ship anywhere. We go beyond the confines of traditional ecommerce solutions. We’re building a platform that not only gives shoppers a great experience, but also helps businesses grow, and which is only limited by a merchant’s own imagination.
As Director of Carrier Partnerships, you will be responsible for our carrier relationships; primarily for our flagship service WooCommerce Shipping. You’ll negotiate agreements, monitor performance, and work with engineering, product, and marketing to develop and lead our joint offering; and ensure the long-term success of carrier partnerships at WooCommerce.
This could be your opportunity to continue building and accelerating the growth of our shipping capabilities through strategic partnerships. To build the next evolution of ecommerce shipping solutions. With the sheer potential and reach of WooCommerce, you are directly impacting how merchants get their products to consumers.
What you’ll do:
- Use your domain expertise, skills and experience in shipping and fulfilment to contribute to our vision, and deliver and achieve our goals.
- Lead all aspects of strategic carrier partnerships with the goal of growing the adoption of WooCommerce Shipping and generating revenue.
- Expand our carrier portfolio by identifying and negotiating agreements with new carrier partners.
- Continuously advocate WooCommerce with partner carriers to generate new mutually beneficial opportunities: marketing campaigns, products/offering enhancements, revenue sharing programs.
- Coordinate relationships and projects between carriers and WooCommerce. That can include the development of integration (and their certification), carrier launches, joint promotional campaigns, customer service processes.
- Be our carrier subject matter authority for our product and engineering teams to proactively help design, plan, develop, and implement new carrier product offerings.
- Design processes to ensure timely and accurate reporting of key results and track the progress of our carrier partnerships. Monitor the reconciliation of billing and financial agreements with carriers.
This position might be a good fit if you:
- Have demonstrated experience in negotiating, building and maintaining business or product partnerships with shipping carriers or the logistics industry.
- Deep knowledge of the logistics ecosystem and sound knowledge of ecommerce.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to model business opportunities and assess trade-offs.
- Experience working cross-functionally with legal, engineering, and marketing teams.
- Highly self-motivated and able to work with significant autonomy.
- A passion for open source technology and an understanding of API integrations, CMS, SaaS, and hosting environments preferred.
HOW TO APPLY!
Does this sound interesting? If yes, click the Apply button below and fill out our application form. In your cover letter, let us know what you can contribute to the team. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly.
Want to increase your chances of standing out? Please include a cover letter in your application letting us know why you’re excited about this particular space!
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. DEI is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.
Curious who works in engineering at Automattic? Meet our Code Wranglers – Brandon, Jeremy, Mark, Jennifer, Roy and Kat!