The Design Producer role reports into Design Operations for Automattic, manages large, complex programs from inception to roadmap through completion and is primarily responsible for managing expectations and ensuring that delivery meets expectations. This position plays a multi-faceted role within Automattic: first and foremost they are responsible for all aspects of the project life cycle: diagnosing cross functional needs, managing project teams, and leveraging the knowledge and creativity of colleagues to generate robust business solutions. Automattic Design Producers also serve as product leaders, overseeing the day-to-day relationships with Engineering and Design product leads, providing thoughtful and pragmatic leadership.
Our Design Producers are experienced professionals with 5-7 years in consulting, product, or industry related experience.
- Responsible for program management process, including, but not limited to project scope, project organization, resourcing coordination, plan development and risk management.
- Senior level point of contact for managing organizational expectations and implements resolution of project level issues independently.
- Management of cross functional internal team activities ensuring the team knows and understands the program vision.
- Upholds standards and best practices methods to mitigate risk across programs and projects.
- Proactively communicates schedule and scope changes + escalation of program issues with the program and product leads.
- Budget control and cost analysis on programs and communicating such details to senior management including maintenance of internal and program reporting.
- Maintains all issues impacting deliverables, schedules, and budget with thorough documentation.
- Someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. You want to join a team, that is growing, where you are judged on your contribution and output, not your title. You are a self starter.
- Experienced in a product driven organization, preferably in a cross functional facing role.
- Experienced and knowledge of design and design processes, combined with technology.
- Demonstrated experience managing medium to large size teams of cross discipline resources with complex, multi-locations.
- Expertise in understanding product design, software or digital development, and brand strategy.
- Experienced in project/program management and growth strategy.
- Excellent with your organizational, written and verbal communication skills with impeccable responsiveness and follow-through on details.
- Experienced with and interested in project management tools, project management methodologies and best practices.
- Strong in relationship building skills with the ability to influence others by negotiating and building cohesiveness across diverse individual skills and styles.
- Proven in your ability and desire to solve problems and look for opportunities for improvement.
How to Apply
In your cover letter, please address:
- You and Automattic: Why are you interested in the role and joining Automattic?
- Talent and Passion: How does your skillset fit Automattic and your passions?
- Innovation and transformation: What are your interests in technology and design?
Please ensure that your cover letter is no longer than 1 page.
We’re serious about growing diversity in the tech industry. We want to build Automattic as an environment where people love their work and show respect and empathy to those with whom we interact. Diversity typically includes, but is not limited to, differences in race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political and religious affiliation, socioeconomic background, cultural background, geographic location, disabilities and abilities, relationship status, veteran status, and age. To work on diversity means that we welcome these differences, and strive to increase the visibility of traditionally underrepresented groups. Read more about our dedication to diversity and inclusion.