You welcome the challenge of helping build the company behind the rapidly growing, high-profile internet service at WordPress.com. With your endless energy, you’ll build and lead an accounting organization. You’ll help design and build our global tax and entity structure. You’ll help take the company through our first audit. You’ll identify systems needs and drive the transition beyond Quickbooks. You’ll report to the Chief Financial Officer in the San Francisco Bay Area.
WordPress is the leading publishing platform on the internet. We provide website creation and hosting services to customers ranging from individuals and small businesses to large enterprises like CNN and Forbes. We earn revenues in the tens of millions of dollars a year, and have doubled annual revenues in each of the past few years. Our operations are international — 40% of our 120 staff, plus a significant portion of the customer base and revenues, are outside the U.S. See https://automattic.com/work-with-us/ for more info.
Does this sound exciting to you? Read on. Do you have:
- Experience with a fast-growing, fast-paced software or internet services startup?
- A CPA and experience with a major global auditing firm?
- Experience with recurring revenue models and organizations with millions of transactions a year?
- Exceptional written communication skills in English?
- Deep experience with international operations and payments?
- A passion for open source?
How to Apply
If you feel you might be the best person in the world for this job, please apply here. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out. Not all applications will receive a reply.