As a developer here you’re responsible for Making Stuff Go. The job is tough to describe because it’s so broad, but historically it has included new product development from conception to implementation, high-volume and high-concurrency programming, and a MacGyver-like dedication to squashing bugs. We have a wide variety of projects and systems. Here are some skills that will come in handy:
- Advanced proficiency with at least one scripting language like PHP or Python. Low-level language experience a plus, but not required.
- Experience running and developing on Open Source platforms like Linux.
- The ability to iterate and ship ideas quickly, with loose (at best) direction.
- Basic knowledge of typography and design, with the ability to create simple and usable interfaces.
- Must be comfortable with customer-facing roles including support and documentation.
How to Apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, please send a short email to jobs @ this domain telling us about yourself and attach a résumé. Let us know what you can contribute to the team. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out. If you apply for multiple positions or send multiple emails there will be one reply.