Business Wrangler (Business Analytics)
Automattic, the company behind WordPress.com, is looking for an exceptional candidate to help develop its business and enable the world’s most popular online publishing platform to scale from its current share of 27% of the web to 51% and beyond.
Do you have a passion for open source technology and experience working in consulting or business intelligence? Do you enjoy assessing the ROI of new business opportunities? Are you a team player, with experience working cross-functionally and with remote colleagues?
As a Analytics Business Wrangler, you will: Conduct market and user research to identify, assess, and prioritize new business opportunities; evaluate and recommend new partnerships and acquisition targets; lead cross-functional projects relating to new paid products and business opportunities; and help optimize pricing, bundles, and purchase flows for paid products.
- Experience doing market, competitive, and user research, and in leading cross-functional projects.
- Technical background with an understanding of CMS and hosting environments.
- Strong analytical skills, including expertise in SQL and modelling.
- Proficiency in data visualisation and in communicating quantitative insights.
- Highly self-motivated and able to work with significant autonomy.
How to Apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, please send a short email to jobs @ this domain telling us about yourself and attach a résumé. Let us know what you can contribute to the team. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out. If you apply for multiple positions or send multiple emails there will be one reply.
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please make sure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.
Want to increase your chances of standing out? If so, please include answers to each of the following question in your email application:
- Tell us about a time you made a decision regarding whether or not to pursue a business opportunity, such as an acquisition, partnership, expansion into a new market, or new product launch. What decision did you make and how did you make it?
- When you set prices for consumer-facing products, how would you set up a test to assess the optimal price?
- Tell us about an accomplishment in your life, personal or professional, of which you are particularly proud.