Manager, Business Intelligence
We are the company behind WordPress.com, Jetpack, and WooCommerce and are looking for an excellent candidate to join Automattic’s Strategy and Corporate Development team. As an associate, you will play a wide-ranging role helping build Automattic and WordPress.com, including:
- Apply rigorous financial and market analysis to evaluate potential acquisition targets and investments.
- Work directly with key leaders across our company to help drive high-quality business and financial decisions.
- Partner with internal teams to grow our business and help make Automattic more efficient. Sample projects include price optimization, product line profitability, competitor analyses, benchmarking, and initiative forecasting.
- Conduct analyses and market research to identify, assess, and prioritize our internal and external investment opportunities.
- Help negotiate terms, execute deals, integrate acquisitions, and lead their long-term success.
The ideal candidate:
- Has 3-5+ years of experience with a strong foundation developed in investment banking, private equity, venture capital, corporate development, or a similar analytical and financial environment.
- Has strong analytical skills and the ability to model complex business opportunities and assess trade-offs.
- Is detail-oriented and meticulous, and able to build on that foundation to provide high-level insights and strategic advice.
- Is proficient in data visualization and in communicating quantitative insights.
- Is highly self-motivated, and able to work with significant autonomy.
A passion for open source technology and an understanding of CMS, SaaS, and hosting environments is preferred. If you have experience with WordPress, software development, coding, open source, or other relevant areas, don’t forget to mention it. Like all positions at Automattic, you’ll work remotely, and can be based wherever you live. A willingness to time shift at least twice per week and travel ~6 weeks a year is important. We’re a distributed team, so good communication skills are a must.
Diversity & Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our D&I committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly D&I People Lab series for further learning. Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Read more about our dedication to diversity and inclusion.
How to apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, please send a short email to jobs @ this domain telling us about yourself and attach a résumé. Let us know what you can contribute to the team. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject.
Want to increase your chances of standing out? If so, please include answers to each of the following questions in your email application:
- What public SaaS company do you rate as a strong buy right now, and why?
- When setting prices for a consumer-facing product, how would you set up a test to assess the optimal price?
- What accomplishment in your life are particularly proud, either personal or professional?