Business Development Manager, WooCommerce
Automattic, the company behind WordPress.com, Jetpack, and WooCommerce, is looking for an exceptional Business Development Manager to join WooCommerce’s Marketplaces team.
As a Business Development Manager you will be responsible for bringing new inventory into the WooCommerce Marketplace, by identifying, on-boarding, and managing third-party developers. You will create and execute against a sales pipeline and develop relationships aimed towards growing revenue, expanding inventory, and making WooCommerce the one-stop-shop for all WooCommerce related products.
- Create and manage a sales funnel, defined by the strategy, to prospect and close new third party developers.
- Deliver against quarterly targets, set forth by the Head of Marketplace, to successfully launch new products on the Marketplaces Platform.
- Oversee relationships with Marketplace developers to strengthen our product offering and identify improvements in the Merchant experience.
- Coordinate and execute on communication with Marketplace Developers, from individual requests to outgoing emails, blog posts, documentation, pricing changes etc.
- Oversee the onboarding of new developers, including vetting content creation, to ensure a smooth process toward launch.
- Ensure compliance and validate product features of listable extensions on the WooCommerce Marketplace.
- Help design processes that enable the team to scale, from improving how new developers get started, to designing ways to provide data and feedback at scale.
- 5 years of meaningful experience in a relevant role with responsibility for building relationships with developers, partners, or with launching products
- Working knowledge of web technologies, and familiarity with web content management platforms/website builders, SaaS, and open source
- Experience working cross-functionally with Engineering and Marketing teams
- You are an excellent communicator, detail-oriented, very well structured, with a passion for creating processes. You are highly self-motivated and able to work with significant autonomy
- Experience in working in a remote environment is a plus
Diversity & Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our D&I committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly D&I People Lab series for further learning. Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Read more about our dedication to diversity and inclusion.
How to apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, click the Apply button below and fill out our application form. In your cover letter, let us know what you can contribute to the team. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive many applications for this position, so try to make your application stand out.
Want to increase your chances of standing out? If so, please include answers to the following questions:
- Tell us about a recent product innovation (good or bad) and how it influences change.
- If you ran the WooCommerce Marketplace, where would you focus for growth?
- Tell us about a time you made a decision regarding whether or not to pursue a business opportunity, such as an acquisition, partnership, expansion into a new market. What decision did you make and how did you make it?