Work With Us
Remote Jobs — Work From Anywhere
We hire technical and non-technical talent in countries all over the world, currently in more than 100+ countries.
This isn’t your typical work-from-home job. Learn more about our culture, our creed, and life as an Automattician.
Professional growth, open vacation policy, generous parental leaves, wellness support, sabbaticals, and more.
Welcome to Automattic’s career page!
Note: Protect yourself from job scams! Don’t respond to fake employment offers for Automattic from third parties.
We are excited that you are taking the time to explore who we are and what we do, and to see if you’d like to be part of our mission of making the web a better place.
Take some time to check which function below is relevant to your experience and interests. You’ll learn more about our different functions, and how they contribute to Automattic’s mission. Once you have a better idea, let us know by registering your details. A member of our Talent team will review your skills and experiences, and if there’s a match, either now, or in the future, we will reach out to share more information.
How We Work
- We’re a global, distributed workforce in over 70 countries. We value open source, prioritize transparent communication, and believe that good ideas can (and do) come from anywhere, so we encourage Automatticians to work together across positions and roles. Together we create, develop, and care for a collection of digital products and services that are committed to democratizing publishing and commerce.
- We’re kind to each other and our users – we strive to build a positive, supportive, and inclusive culture of cohesive teams focused on delivering value to our customers.
- We have no set hours or expectation that you’re online from 9 to 5. You create a schedule that allows you to get your best work done.
- We travel sometimes to meet up and work together.
- We welcome collaboration, and you can be involved in any discussion across our many communication channels. Here’s more about what we expect from ourselves.
We Value Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.
If you’re still reading, we hope we managed to catch your attention! Check out our interest forms below and register your details for the one that best fits your skills, experience, and interests. Our Talent team regularly reviews submissions and will reach out if we have an open position that could be a great fit for you. If we don’t have something right now, we’ll let you know regardless.