Global Payroll Wrangler
At Automattic, we are the people behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, and more. We believe in making the web a better place. We’re a distributed company with 850+ Automatticians in 62 countries speaking 79 languages. Our shared goal is to democratize publishing so that anyone with a story can tell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or where they live in the world. We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
We’re looking for an extraordinary Payroll Wrangler who can work in one of the most unique and interesting operations groups in the world. You will work alongside Automattic’s Accounting and HR teams to navigate the wide range of issues involved in building Automattic’s global business.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You’re great at preparing and processing semi-monthly and monthly payrolls for 1,000+ employees in accordance with all payroll schedules globally (predominantly the US, but also Canada, UK, Ireland, South Africa, and Australia).
- You’re excited about setting up payroll in new international locations.
- You’re an experienced leader capable of managing and building a payroll team.
- You can manage month-end and quarter-end activities as it relates to payroll and compensation.
- You can lead the timely issuance and completion of the necessary year-end tax requirements and reports for all countries.
- You can handle all employee record updates ensuring changes are entered correctly and on time.
- You’re well versed in relevant laws and regulations.
- You have experience working with an HRIS including employee data changes, creating reports, and setting up configuration tables.
- You work well with related teams (HR, Legal, Accounting) to ensure proper flow of employee data and classification.
- You have strong payroll-related data analysis and reporting skills.
- You can serve as subject matter expert on payroll issues.
- You feel comfortable taking lead roles in special projects.
- You love developing and updating policies and procedures.
- You have experience with SOX control documentation and execution.
- You are well versed in the processing income derived from equity instruments (ISO, NQO, RSU, etc.).
- You see processes and immediately look for ways to streamline them for ease and efficiency.
How to Apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, please send a short email to jobs @ this domain telling us about yourself and attach a résumé as a PDF. Let us know what you can contribute to the team. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject.
Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out. If you apply for multiple positions or send multiple emails there will be one reply.
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please ensure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.
To increase your chances of standing out, tell us about the following:
- What’s an interesting and complex problem that you had with a payroll vendor? Briefly, what was the problem and how did you solve it? How did you ensure it didn’t happen again?
- In your experience, what country has been the most challenging to implement payroll process in and maintain? Why?
We’re improving diversity in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our D&I committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly D&I People Lab series for further learning. Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Read more about our passion for diversity and inclusion.