Automattic is looking for an exceptional Growth Wrangler with a unique amalgamation of skills. You’re known for great ideas and having a creative imagination; while remaining grounded by data and practical business solutions. You can solve big problems but you also aren’t discouraged by the monotonous because you aim to streamline communication and flows.
Your style is to get things done with minimum friction and to respond rapidly when called on. You learn from missed opportunities and look to be proactive in the future. You view companies as partners and pride yourself in establishing long-term relationships. You take the time to listen to the needs of your partner and identify the best possible opportunities to grow our businesses together.
In addition, you are:
- An amazing communicator; you should be great at holding people’s attention whether presenting, chatting on the phone, or writing a quick blog post.
- An artisan in the craft of listening.
- Comfortable working in a sales role, negotiating terms, and reviewing contracts.
- Quick to resolve unexpected challenges, and collaborate with developers.
- An expert at distilling goals and wish-lists into concrete next steps.
You will learn our products deeply. Identify opportunities for us to grow through new partnerships, and expanding existing partnerships. You will shine a spotlight on fantastic partners – both privately and publicly – in an effort to motivate slower ones.
This role requires you to have a deep understanding of the technology and platforms that we run and have the ability to communicate with engineers effectively. You will listen carefully to existing and potential new partners – to identify growth opportunities, discover potential, support claims with data, then circle back with solutions resulting in serious growth for Automattic.
Time shifting in order to meet with clients around the world is required, along with moderate travel.
Extra credit for talented writers who aren’t afraid to have a voice on corporate blogs, or pen press releases.
We’re a distributed company with over 800 Automatticians in 59 countries speaking 79 different languages. Our common goal is to democratize publishing so that anyone with a story can tell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or where they live in the world.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
We’re serious about growing diversity in the tech industry. We want to build Automattic as an environment where people love their work and show respect and empathy to those with whom we interact. Diversity typically includes, but is not limited to, differences in race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political and religious affiliation, socioeconomic background, cultural background, geographic location, disabilities and abilities, relationship status, veteran status, and age. To work on diversity means that we welcome these differences, and strive to increase the visibility of traditionally underrepresented groups. Read more about our dedication to diversity and inclusion.
How to Apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, please send a short email to jobs @ this domain telling us about yourself and attach a résumé. Let us know what you can contribute to the team. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject.
Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out. If you apply for multiple positions or send multiple emails there will be one reply.
Want to increase your chances of standing out? If so, please include answers to each of the following questions in your email application:
- Tell us about a time you made a decision regarding whether or not to pursue a business opportunity, such as an acquisition, partnership, expansion into a new market. What decision did you make and how did you make it?
- In four sentences or less tell us which Automattic product(s) would be best suited for the following partnership scenario and why: You’re approached by the owner of a SaaS company providing real-time communication services between business owners and potential customers.
- If you ran WordPress, what would you want to focus on or change about Automattic or the WordPress.org community?
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please ensure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.