Senior Web Designer
Do you enjoy designing websites for people who do cool things with WordPress?
We’re looking for a talented web designer to join our Special Projects team to help us design beautiful WordPress sites for a wide range of influential partners. These partners include, but aren’t limited to: social causes, musicians, bloggers, and non-profit organizations. The Special Projects team does everything from building WordPress sites from scratch to complex migrations to providing support and guidance.
As a Senior Web Designer, your primary duties will include:
- Helping us define and maintain design standards to apply to all of our work.
- Crafting design proposals for projects, based on specifications from our partners.
- Working directly with our partners during the design phase to produce quality website designs that meet their needs and requirements.
- Collaborating with developers on the team as they bring designs to life throughout the development phase.
- Providing creative direction, guidance, and feedback for all of our projects.
- Teaming-up with agencies and contractors to direct or lead the design phase on some projects.
Here are a few of the skills we value:
- You have a portfolio of visually consistent and relevant WordPress web design work, across various channels including web and mobile, that you’re proud to share with us.
- You’re experienced with WordPress and you understand its strengths and limitations. You can produce design specifications and mock-ups that reflect a deep understanding of the structure of WordPress themes.
- You have a strong understanding of design principles and psychology, including layout, typography, and color.
- You collaborate closely with project managers, developers, and other designers to ensure our partners’ goals are met.
- You have excellent customer service and stakeholder management skills and are able to work directly with our partners to bring their visions to life.
- You have excellent written communication skills, know how to receive and deliver constructive criticism, and work well in a team.
Does this sound interesting? If yes, let us know what you can contribute to the team. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out in your application letter by telling us why you’d like to join Automattic.
Pro-tip: Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly — note the capital W and P, and also the two Ts in automaTTic.