We’re happy to answer your questions about Automattic, or any of our products. Drop us a line.
Automattic wants to make the web a better place. Our family includes Jetpack, WooCommerce, Longreads, WordPress.com, and more. With WordPress.com, you can create beautiful websites and blogs for free and enhance those sites with our premium services. A fully distributed company, Automattic — celebrating ten years in 2015 — has over 433 staff in 60 countries.
Company Name: Automattic Inc.
Founded: August 2005
Founder & CEO: Matt Mullenweg
CFO: Stuart West
Headquarters: San Francisco, CA, USA
Staff locations: 60 countries, 26 US States
Key Investors: Insight Venture Partners, Tiger Global Management, True Ventures, Polaris Venture Partners, Radar Partners, and New York Times Company.
Status: Privately held and independent, no plans to IPO or be acquired.
- The 2015 WordPress.com Year in Review: More than 660 million posts, more than 655 million comments. (January 2016)
- Introducing the all-new WordPress.com and apps for Mac and Windows: all open source. (November 2015)
- Automattic and WordPress.com Celebrate 10 Years (June 2015)
- Automattic Acquires WooCommerce, one of the world’s largest ecommerce platforms. (May 2015)
If you need a logo for your publication, please use one of the following official sources:
After the Deadline
- See the Logos & Graphics page on WordPress.org