Automattic wants to make the web a better place. Our family includes Jetpack, WooCommerce, Longreads, WordPress.com, and more. With WordPress.com, you can create beautiful websites and blogs for free and enhance those sites with our premium services. A fully distributed company, Automattic — celebrating ten years in 2015 — has over 514 staff in more than 50 countries.
Company Name: Automattic Inc.
Founded: August 2005
Founder & CEO: Matt Mullenweg
CFO: Stuart West
Headquarters: San Francisco, CA, USA
Staff locations: 52 countries, 38 US States
Key Investors: Insight Venture Partners, Tiger Global Management, True Ventures, Polaris Venture Partners, Radar Partners, and New York Times Company.
Status: Privately held and independent, no plans to IPO or be acquired.
Recent News All the latest news
- .blog Domains Are Now Available for EveryoneNovember, 2016 · Automattic acquired the rights to sell .blog domain extensions starting this year.
- HTTPS everywhere! Encryption for all WordPress.com sitesApril, 2016 · Free HTTPS for all custom domains hosted on WordPress.com.
- The 2015 WordPress.com Year in ReviewJanuary 2016 · More than 660 million posts, more than 655 million comments.
- Introducing the all-new WordPress.com and apps for Mac and WindowsNovember 2015 · All open source.
- Automattic and WordPress.com Celebrate 10 YearsJune 2015
10 Years of Automattic Automattic YouTube channel
Looking for another product logo or images? See all of our brand materials