Associate Business Development Wrangler
As an Associate Business Development Wrangler, you will prioritize, execute, measure, and iterate on partnerships to drive growth for the company across relevant product areas. You’ll be forming new relationships with companies of many shapes and sizes, and deepening existing ones in order to support new user and revenue growth for our various products.
In this role you will:
- Develop a strategy, plan, and prioritization for new partnership targets to grow our business based on overall company goals and objectives.
- Conduct proactive outreach to new partners to help build business relationships that generate revenue and strengthen our product offerings.
- Manage day-to-day relationships and be the main point of contact for a number of partners across various partner initiatives on the team.
- Take inbound partnership inquiries and make decisions on how to move forward.
- Execute, measure, and iterate on partnerships to drive maximum impact.
- Be responsible for the near and long-term outcomes of your partnerships.
- Work with Legal to execute legal agreements for partnerships as necessary.
- Work closely and collaborate with cross-functional Automatticians in Product/Eng, Marketing, Legal, Happiness, and other relevant teams.
- Assist in developing business processes that allow our team to scale such as standardized legal contracts, internal workflow, the generation of collateral, etc.
- Have at least 3 years of meaningful experience in a relevant role with responsibility for building partner relationships and driving revenue growth.
- Have a working knowledge of web technologies, and familiarity with web content management platforms/website builders, SaaS, and open source.
- Have excellent communication skills and are an effective writer.
- Are highly self-motivated and able to work with significant autonomy.
- Have experience and enjoy working cross-functionally with Marketing, Product, Legal, and other functional teams.
- Love the open internet and all that it stands for.
We’re a distributed company with more than 700 Automatticians in 62 countries speaking 79 different languages. Our common goal is to democratize publishing so that anyone with a story can tell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or where they live in the world.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
We’re serious about growing diversity in the tech industry. We want to build Automattic as an environment where people love their work and show respect and empathy to those with whom we interact. Diversity typically includes, but is not limited to, differences in race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political and religious affiliation, socioeconomic background, cultural background, geographic location, disabilities and abilities, relationship status, veteran status, and age. To work on diversity means that we welcome these differences, and strive to increase the visibility of traditionally underrepresented groups. Read more about our dedication to diversity and inclusion.
How to Apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, please send a short email to jobs @ this domain telling us about yourself and attach a résumé as a PDF. Let us know what you can contribute to the team. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject.
Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out. If you apply for multiple positions or send multiple emails there will be one reply.
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please ensure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.
Want to increase your chances of standing out? If so, please tell us: what is your approach to negotiation, and what do you think makes a good business deal?
Also, please make sure to include at least one lawyer joke in the materials you submit.