WordPress.com VIP Engineer (aka VIP Wrangler)
Through our WordPress.com VIP program, we provide support, hosting, training, and other services to some of the biggest and best WordPress sites on the web (CNN, NY Times, NFL, Major League Baseball, and hundreds more). Our engineers (affectionately called VIP Wranglers) are responsible for providing support to all of our customers, building and shaping our products, and just generally Making Stuff Go. Here are some skills that will come in handy:
- Advanced proficiency with WordPress. Low-level language or systems experience a plus, but not required.
- Must be comfortable working primarily in a customer-facing role, including providing support and training.
- You enjoy collaborating with other developers, reviewing code, and making recommendations on technique or approach.
- Great troubleshooting skills. Must be able to take big problems and break them down into manageable pieces with elegant solutions—and importantly, keep our customers apprised of progress throughout.
- The ability to iterate and ship ideas quickly, with loose (at best) direction.
How to Apply
If you feel you might be the best person in the world for this job please send a short email to jobs @ this domain telling us about yourself and attach a resumé. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out. Most hear a reply within two weeks. If you apply for multiple positions or send multiple emails there will be one reply.