The secret to our sauce? Combining high technology with great design. As a user interface designer at Automattic, you’re responsible for making sure the amazing things our engineers can build are easy to use and beautiful to behold. You’ll develop your original ideas from half-formed thoughts to wireframes, mockups, and front-end code.
Design the future for bloggers on the go. As a mobile user interface designer at Automattic you’re expected to have a deep knowledge in creating well-composed and innovative interfaces for phones as well as tablets. You understand what challenges smaller screens and simpler devices impose, as well as their possibilites. You have probably made mobile interfaces for both web and native apps in the past; maybe you also have a basic understanding of common mobile programming languages such as Objective-C and Java.
- You can act as the creative force in a small interdisciplinary team, responsible not just for what a product looks like but for how it works.
- You’ve got experience designing native mobile apps, and preferably also mobile web apps. Your work shows an uncluttered, focused approach to user interface design.
- You understand how important transitions and animations are for mobile user experiences, and can easily communicate this in your designs and to your peers.
- You have a deep understanding of the GUI guidelines for the main mobile OSs, and know that it’s best to only break the rules once you know them by heart.
- You employ a refined, modern, clean visual aesthetic throughout all your work.
- You acknowledge the importance of a data-informed (not data-driven) design philosophy, and have a basic understanding of user testing and A/B testing.
- You are skilled at giving and receiving design criticism and appreciate its importance in the creative process.
- Your knowledge of mobile web standards is both expert and ever-growing. Your most recent web work is both responsive and HiDPI-ready.
- You have a portfolio that reflect all of the above.