As a Design Engineer you’re responsible for crafting delightful and engaging tools to help people make the most beautiful blogs possible. Duties include new product development from start to finish, high-volume and high-concurrency programming on both front- and back-end, and a MacGyver-like dedication to squashing bugs.
You live and breathe WordPress customization: your plugins reside under the Appearance menu, you’ve extended the Theme Customizer to make amazing visual tools for themes and websites, and you know the ins and outs of designing and building WordPress themes.
Come help us create the next generation of design and customization tools. Skills that will come in handy:
- World-class WordPress chops.
- Nuanced sense of design, especially typography, colors, and layout.
- A passion for creating experiences that users will rave about.
- The ability to iterate and ship ideas quickly, with loose (at best) direction.
- Working knowledge of Backbone and Underscore—and their ilk—is a big bonus.
How to Apply
If you feel you might be the best person in the world for this job please send a short email to jobs @ this domain telling us about yourself and attach a resumé. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out. If you apply for multiple positions or send multiple emails there will be one reply.