Want to make the web a better place for more than half a billion people each month? We’re hiring. Automattic is the company behind WordPress.com, the leading web-publishing platform. As a Business Wrangler, you’ll complement the user and product instincts of our amazing developers with business, operational and analytical insight. You’ll help our company make better decisions.
Here are some of the things you should love:
- Identifying trends and drivers of user, revenue growth with models.
- Connecting user, product, and industry data to drive high quality decisions and implement product changes.
- Continually assessing and refining user and business metrics.
- Constantly switching from details (e.g. improving user experience around purchasing for one product in one country) to high level (e.g. what new businesses should we make it a priority to enter).
- Designing, leading and executing projects with cross-functional teams, in particular working closely with developers.
- 2-4 years of combined investment banking, private equity / venture capital, or relevant financial analysis experience.
- Computer science degree a plus.
- Strong financial modeling skills.
- Experience with recurring revenue models.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A passion for open source technology and a global focus.
How to Apply
If you feel you might be the best person in the world for this job, apply here. In your cover letter, let us know why you’re excited about working with us, and why you would be an awesome Automattician.